Stoke Treatment – Denton, TX | Symptoms | Blood Clot Warning Signs
Some of the common signs of a stroke are:
- Face Drooping – one side of the face droop or is it numb. Ask the person to smile. Is the person’s smile uneven?
- Arm Weakness – Is one arm weak or numb? Ask the person to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward?
- Speech Difficulty – Is speech slurred? Is the person unable to speak or hard to understand? Ask the person to repeat a simple sentence, like “The sky is blue.” Is the sentence repeated correctly?
People suffering from a stroke may also experience:
- Balance disorder or vertigo
- Visual problems, like double vision or blurred vision, sometimes even sudden visual loss or rapid involuntary eye movement
- Sensory issues, like pins and needles or reduced sensation of touch.
- Sudden paralysis.
When minutes matter, we’re here for you. Our convenient neighborhood location and immediate attention can make a difference. Either call 911 if you believe that an ambulance will best suit your needs, or bring your loved one to our convenient location at 2426 Lillian Miller Pkwy in Denton. We’re just behind the Jack in the Box restaurant on the south side of 35E, across from Golden Triangle Mall. Click here for a map.
Are you in the process of researching strokes, and are interested in reducing your risk? Consider this article from the Cleveland Clinic on the subject.
Getting immediate treatment for a stroke may limit brain damage. There is a special medication that must be given within a relatively short time of having stroke symptoms that has a “clot buster” mission. It’s so important to get to us quickly when you think there’s a problem. Call 911 for an ambulance, or get to as quickly and safely as you can so we can begin treating your loved one immediately!