Field Service Engineer: Job Description
Position Title: Field Service Engineer
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Date Effective: Immediately
Position Summary: We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Service Engineer. This position will provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance with Radiology equipment and maintain a high-quality of Radiology Imaging Equipment department across all Surepoint Emergency Center Locations.
Role Qualifications: Must have formal training and field experience in all of the following that applies X-ray, Portable X-ray, Ultrasound, CT, and power injectors.
Essential Job Functions: Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
- Assist in the repair of diagnostic imaging equipment specific to Stationary and Portable X-ray, GE and Simens CT Scanners, Ultrasound units, and power injectors.
- Must be a self-starter, able to travel and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to resolve problems, think analytically, and communicate professionally in high-pressure, time-sensitive, customer environments.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on all Radiology Equipment that includes calibrations and verifications of system specifications, compliance testing, scheduled maintenance, and service repair of medical imaging equipment at all Surepoint Emergency Center sites with little to no supervision.
- Learn and gain knowledge of imaging equipment to perform preventative maintenance on machines.
- Accurately document all service activities in accordance with the Company Quality Standards.
- Assess, calibrate, and maintain equipment.
- Support field service operations across multiple modalities
- Work with the IT department for proper equipment networking
- Submitting field service reports timely and according to functional standards.
- Communicate with the Radiology Department Director on equipment service needed and quotes for needed parts.
- Disassemble CT Scanners and X-ray units as needed.
- Log and inventory Radiology equipment stored in the company warehouse.
- Manage and Maintain company assets required to perform all necessary job functions.
- Provide efficient and expedient service delivery to all SEC facilities
- Practice a safety mindset at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Must have formal training and field experience in all of the following that apply:
- X-ray, Portable X-ray, Ultrasound, CT, and power injectors.
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- Some College or Degree Preferred.
- This position requires frequent and regular travel as needed to service the technical needs of the facilities. A clear driving record is required.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Ability to follow procedures and instructions/directions.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Communicates Proficiently.
- Business Acumen.
- Customer Service Skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and perform CPR if necessary. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
*All Registration Clerks are expected to adhere to all company policies. The job description may be changed at any time.