Medical Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Helps patients by providing information, services, and assistance.
- Maintains medical supplies inventory and performs preventive maintenance to keep medical equipment operating.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patients, recording medical history, and confirming the purpose of the visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; and reporting patient history summary.
- Saves doctors’ time by helping with office procedures.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; and keeping patient information confidential.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipts.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards; facility policies and procedures; and federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Medical Assistant Qualifications/Skills:
- Supply management
- Verbal communication
- Infection control
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Customer focus
- Bedside manner
- Medical teamwork
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- 1+ years in a medical office
- Experience with EMR (electronic medical records), medical terminology
- Previous experience in family practice preferred
- Must have BLS Certification
Surepoint Medical Centers is a growing freestanding emergency room group with 14 locations in Texas. We offer competitive pay with awesome benefits in a low-key work environment.
If you think you would be an ideal candidate for this position, please apply today.